How Big is Big? How Far is Far?
Imaginative comparisons help children comprehend various units of measure.
- Authors: Jan Van Der Veken
- Credits: Translated from German by Jen Metcalf
- Features: Full color, hardcover, 48 pages
- Format: 24 × 28 cm
About The Book
How fast is 120 kilometers per hour? How heavy are 4 tons? Units of measure are abstract—until, that is, they are contrasted with other quantities. The entertaining juxtapositions in How Big Is Big? How Far Is Far? make dimensions and measurements more comprehensible for children. The book features amusing comparisons that make units of length, distance, weight, speed and time easier to grasp. The Queen of England’s crown, for example, weighs more than 100 portions of cotton candy. It would take eight days of travel in an elevator through the Earth’s center to reach the other end. When the world’s oldest living tortoise was born, there were no electric lights, telephones, cars, or airplanes.
- Your order will typically arrive in 2-5 business days.
- Complimentary shipping on all U.S. orders over $35 (excluding orders to Alaska and Hawaii).
- $4.99 or less for all orders under $35.
Keep what you like. Send back what you don't. Return your unused item within 14 days of delivery with free return shipping. Please view our Help page for details and exclusions.
- Furniture does not qualify for free returns.