About The Book
Scandinavia Dreaming presents dazzling interiors, architecture, and products that show the richness, variety, and intensity of contemporary Nordic spaces.
Artisans fresh from design school breathe new life into the wonted usage of tile, wood, glass, ceramics, and other customarily Nordic materials. Profiles of brands and personalities that have influenced and, arguably, brought Nordic threads to the forefront of design conversations, tell an intriguing story: an aesthetic and historic journey through a vast world of style and heritage. Design firms such as Hay, Ferm Living, and Frama are highlighted and extolled for the new layer of warmth and energy that they bring to contemporary Danish design while honoring Scandinavian aesthetics and a space’s need to be both livable and logical. Finnish home textiles by Klaus Haapeniemi and Kustaa Saksi prove that the categories of art and décor are not mutually exclusive. Be it the painstaking searches of Copenhagen’s Gubi design house for neglected furniture that needs a well-honed touch before becoming pieces of the current design narrative or the tantalizing sculptures of Oslo-based designers Kneip that illustrate and investigate the phenomena of nature whilst reflecting the gentle coexistence of Nordic architecture with its surroundings, there exists a seamless pairing of the aesthetic and the historical within this iconic tale of design.
The projects within Scandinavia Dreaming translate to any four walls and readily invite transformation from page to reality. Told through anecdotes from those who live in them and from those who exist in other sectors of the creative community, Scandinavia Dreaming tells of a design school that has a worldwide reputation for its effortless combination of classical restraint and warm materials.
- Editors: Angel Trinidad & Gestalten
- Release Date: October 2016
- Format: 24 × 30 cm
- Features: Full color, hardcover, 288 pages
- Language: English
Shipping & Returns
Shipping Cost: $5.95 or less
Ships via KANSO Standard Delivery.
- Delivery: Standard shipping delivers to residential front doors or commercial docks. The team will move items to the first dry, protected area outside the home or building.
- What's Included: Standard Delivery includes front door delivery. For multi-unit buildings, delivery may be inside the building entrance but not to specific apartment doors. A signature may be required. Please note this option does not include inside delivery, unpacking, assembly, or debris removal. For additional delivery options, contact Customer Service at 913-735-5769.
Please view our Help page for details and exclusions.