The Areaware Balancing Blocks have a unique geometric shape that resembles stones. Stack them into sculptures then set them on a side table or bookshelf as a creative display piece.
- Sustainably harvested oak wood
- Set of 10 blocks
- Cotton drawstring bag included
- Water-based paint
- Fort Standard designed the Balancing Blocks for Areaware
- Dimensions: 6 x 2 x 1.5 inches
- Made in the USA
Gregory Buntain and Ian Collings founded their Brooklyn based design and fabrication studio, Fort Standard, in 2011. The two met while attending Pratt Institute. Here, they were selected to study abroad at Bauhaus University in Weimar, Germany, where they became close friends and collaborators. Buntain and Collings’ work relies on structural simplicity and honesty of materials. Terming their aesthetic “warm contemporary,” they merge craft tradition with progressive design. The duo creates “objects that are unique enough to refresh and simple enough to live forever,” explains Collings. Fort Standard boasts an impressive range of products, including home goods, toys, jewelry, and furniture.
- Your order will typically arrive in 2-5 business days.
- Enjoy complimentary shipping on U.S. orders over $50 (excluding orders to Alaska and Hawaii and large furniture).
- $4.99 or less for all orders under $50.
Keep what you like. Send back what you don't. Return your unused item within 14 days of delivery with complimentary return shipping on orders over $50. Please view our Help page for details and exclusions.
- Furniture does not qualify for complimentary shipping and returns.