The Monocle Guide to Building Better Cities
Since its launch in 2007, Monocle has been passionate about making better places to live. Every year it publishes a Quality of Life Survey, which names the top 25 cities to call home. In addition, across the issues, it has interviewed the best mayors, looked at the metropolises putting pedestrians first and met the people creating the best parks, both pocket and grand.
Discover how you too can have a High Line, create the most covetable housing or turn a dirty river into a summer asset.
Packed with great images and intriguing reports, this is a book that takes the urbanism debate away from city hall and explains what’s needed in ways that will inspire us all.
Release date: September 2018
Format: 20 × 26.5 cm
Features: Full color, linen hardcover, stitch bound, 338 pages
About The Book
This Monocle book tells us how to turn a house into a home. Both a practical guide and a great source of inspiration, The Monocle Guide to Cosy Homes presents the interiors, furniture, and locations you need to know about along with portraits of the people who can make it happen.
The Monocle Guide to Cosy Homes celebrates the durable and the meaningful through a collection of homes that tell a story. Most architecture and interior books show houses polished to perfection, manicured to the extent that it is hard to imagine anybody actually lives there: they seem to miss the point that homes are meant to be inhabited. They should be able to take scuffs and knocks and to be part of a community, whether in a Chicago skyscraper or on Australia’s sunshine coast.
Shipping & Returns
- Your order will typically arrive in 2-5 business days.
- Enjoy complimentary shipping on U.S. orders over $75 (excluding orders to Alaska and Hawaii and large furniture).
- $6.99 or less for all orders under $75.
- Keep what you like. Send back what you don't. Return your unused item within 30 days of delivery with complimentary return shipping on orders over $75 if you choose a return for store credit. Please view our Help page for details and exclusions.
- Furniture does not qualify for complimentary shipping and returns.
- In the rare instance of shipping damages or defects, we'll happily issue a replacement immediately.
Why Buy From KANSO?
30-DAY RETURN POLICY
If you're unhappy with your item, you can return it within 30 days for free on orders over $75 (not applicable on furniture or special order items). Please see our Return Policy for details.
As an authorized retail partner of all brands we sell, we stand behind our products and guarantee their authenticity and quality.
THE KANSO GUARANTEE
We stand behind the authenticity and quality of our merchandise. Nothing is more important to us than a transparent transaction that makes our customers happy – so if something goes wrong, you have our word that we will do everything possible to make it right.